You know everything has a nailing solution, and as nail enthusiasts, we have to find a way or make one! Press-on nails pop off, and it’s a usual thing. But we have the mantra to make press-on nails last longer than usual!
You can wear whatever outfit you want. However, it is the NAILS that make the statement! Embellishing your natural nails might put you in pressing situations due to a number of factors. I believe one of the best inventions in the manicure world would be press-on nails. With press-on nails on the agenda, you couldn’t ask for more!
As you unfold the red carpet for press-on nails, you might find loopholes you barely imagined! And you sit there nail-obsessed and stressed! But when you finally understand that everything is enjoyable and lighthearted until your press-on nails unexpectedly come off, you end up finding yourself on this page!
As we tread on, I will list a few conditions on which they fail, followed by solutions for maximizing the lifespan of press-on nails. This way, you can gain insight to make the press-on nails last.
Why Do Press-On Nails Often Lift or Peel? What Are the Common Reasons Behind It?
‘Why do my press-on nails keep falling off?’ binds us together, and you are not alone in this! So before going into the ‘how’ section to get press-on nails to stay on, let us quickly go through the ‘why’ section.
- Size of the press-on: If you are applying press-on nails that are too big or too small for your nails, then you may suffer a constant lifting up.
- Type of the press-ons: Press-on nails come in gel, acrylic, and plastic. Of these, plastic-based press-ons get easily peeled away.
- Length of press-ons: Your lifestyle plays a role in selecting press-on nails. Dexterous activities with lengthy press-on nails are going to be cumbersome.
- Adhesive quality: The caliber of the adhesive should do its intended work. If it is of low quality, you will end up with lifted nails even in the slightest twitch.
- Priming the natural nails: If the nails are not primed properly, the oil hinders the adherence of press-on nails leading to air bubbles, causing lifting.
- Acetone, the culprit: Acetone removes strong polymers and gel. If the cleansing product is of acetone, you will suffer a chip at the press-on nails.
- Gluing mindlessly: Inappropriate protocol makes beginners apply glue only on the nail bed. This kind of single application will not be enough.
- Submerging in water: The glue bonds loosen up when you dip your fingers or nails in water within 24 hours of applying press-on nails.
- Hurry-burry: If you have a short time to do your nails and still do it, then you have to face the consequences. If you don’t take time to cure (in the case of gel manicures) or don’t take time to apply pressure, then a fall occurs sooner or later.
How to Make Press-On Nails Last? Unleash Long-Lasting Glam!
Now that we have finished over-viewing the various factors responsible for a peel or crack, let us concentrate on making fake nails stay on longer.
From factors like quality to handy measures one should take, I have broken the long formula into a simple one! Read on to find the straightforward hacks and professional skills, thereby increasing the longevity of press-on nails than your situation-ships!
Tip – 1: Try using acetone-free cleansers.
Acetone has a lot of side effects for natural nails, and the same goes for press-on nails. If you are reusing press-on nails or about to repaint them, then clean the nails with acetone-free nail polish cleansers. This makes press-on nails last without a chip.
Pro Tip: I suggest soaking the press-on nails in warm soapy water to clean and disinfect them before you reuse them.
Tip – 2: Prime your nails properly.
Priming helps in adhering press-ons onto the nail bed. Scrutinize before you get that best primer, and do the process meticulously. This helps in removing oil, grease, previous nail colors, and dirt and strictly prevents air bubbles.
Tip – 3: Choose the press-on that suits your natural nail.
Everyone has a unique dimension of their natural nails. Take time to analyze it, and buy the nails that sit righteously on your natural nails. Make press-on nails last longer by choosing the best ones with the help of this post: 7 Best Longest-Lasting Press-On Nails in 2023.
Pro Tip: For beginners, choosing the apt one might be difficult, so it is always wise not to throw away the packaging of the press-on nails. Even after buying it, if it is not your type, you can return it or gift it to someone!
Tip – 4: Better to rely on gel or acrylic press-on nails.
You know gel and acrylic are thick press-on nails made of cross-linked polymers, and the durability and tenacity knew no bounds. I highly recommend buying these nails to make your press-on nails last longer.
Tip – 5: Analyze your lifestyle before buying a set.
As nail artists and enthusiasts, we are all dexterous! But if your job demands a lot of finger usage, get medium-sized press-on nails to prevent them from lifting. But for occasions and night outs, I recommend the long ones.
Tip – 6: Select the best nail adhesive and, I repeat it!
Amidst brainwashing flashing glues, take the onus to examine the best nail glue for press-on nails. Choose the best nail glue options with the help of this post: 7 Best Nail Glues for Press-On Nails in 2023. Moreover, apply glue on the nail bed and underneath the press-on nails for a tight fix.
Tip – 7: Run away from water for 20-24 hours.
After you get your press-on nails done, avoid immersing your hands and nails in water, thus maintaining the adhesive of press-on nails.
Pro Tip: Wear gloves if you have no other option but to come in contact with water for a long time. I recommed thess disposable gloves from OriStout. They are latex free and perfect to protect your newly applied press-nails from water.
Tip – 8: Finally, when it comes to press-on nails, handle things patiently
Yes! If you are into gel manicures or reusing press-on nails, do justice by giving the required curing time. Apply pressure on the press-on nails once you have fixed them. This forms a beautiful basement for the upcoming nail swag!
The above tips help in making your press-on nails last longer. Usually, press-on nails last for a week elegantly and tirelessly. After reading this blog, rectify the why factors of lifting and implement the how factors making press on nails last up to 2 weeks. Once you do it, your press-on nails last for not only 1 week but 2 to 3 weeks at the maximum.
FAQs – How to Make Press-On Nails Last?
Below are a few of the FAQs oriented toward long-lasting press-on nails. Do have a look to get the wisdom to make press-on nails last longer on your fingers!
1. How should I properly store and clean press-on nails to maximize their lifespan?
Soak the nails in warm soapy water for 10-15 mins as they loosen up. If your nails have already started peeling, push cuticle oil between the fake and natural nails to loosen them up. File the below part of the nails to remove excess glue. Then cleanse your press-on nails with acetone-free cleanser and store it in its package—fund high-quality press-on nails to reap benefits while reusing.
2. Glue or adhesive tabs: Which one is best for long-lasting press-on nails?
Openly saying, glue aids in long-lasting press-on nails, as it stands for 14 days! It takes some time to dry and to get removed. But it is worth the effort. The adhesive tab, on the other hand, is easy to apply and remove but endures only for 2 to 3 days.
3. Can I apply a top coat or sealant to make press-on nails last longer?
Yes, very well! Get a high-quality top coat that makes your manicure glabrous and beautiful to make press-on nails last longer. Whether it is fresh or repainted nails, it’s advisable to apply a sealant or top coat of your wish. I recommend using a gel top coat followed by curing.
Press-on nails are a dream come true for many nails–o-holics. You don’t have to rush to the nail salon anxiously before a big day! Just in the comfort of your home, you can do marvelous things with the help of press-on nails.
That too, with the above tips for prolonging press-on nail lifespan, it is super cool! Many shapes amble the way, like square, oval, almond, coffin, etc. You could even fabricate it as curved press-on nails!
You can have 99 problems, but your nails should never be one among them! For all those nail art lovers who wish to surprise their natural nails with something phenomenal, go for it! Have a long-lasting reign of these press-on nails and shock everyone! Nail it!
- Can You Get Acrylics on Short Nails?
- When to Get Nails Done Before the Wedding?
- Can a 9, 10, 11, and 12-Year-Old Get Acrylic Nails?
She is a manicure enthusiast and fashion blogger who believes that nail art is a wonderful way to add colors to life. With a passion for learning new nail art and manicure techniques, Jeroline eagerly explores and shares her knowledge through captivating content.