Planning to do solar nails? But don’t know about it deeply?
Hello beautiful nail enthusiasts. You might have heard a lot about solar nails from your nail technician, or from your friends, or word of mouth.
And surely, in that case, you might be wondering to know about what it is exactly to get solar nails and how they stand out differently than other nail extensions!
Well, you will get to know every single thing about solar nails in this blog post. Your all doubt and queries about solar nails are about to finish. Cheers!
What are solar nails?
Solar nails are a kind of acrylic nail. The only difference between solar nails and your typical acrylic nails is solar nails are branded. The company that exclusively manufactures these nails are CND aka Creative Nail Design.
Solar nails are pink and white. So you can easily trace solar nails by their significant appearance. Solar nails glance closer to fine-tune French manicured nails, but solar nails don’t glance that natural as French manicured nails do.
When you will apply solar nails, they will get 10 times thicker than your natural nails. You can keep any sort of length of your solar nails based on your preference. As stated by CND, solar nails are much better than your casual acrylic nails in terms of durability and premium look.
Advantages of solar nails.
- Solar nails can last up to 3 to 4 weeks when you’ll get them done by a professional nail technician.
- Solar nails are very strong and do not break that easily with light pressure. If you get solar nails, you can make yourself stress-free from breaking your nails.
- As solar nails aren’t extensions, they don’t harm your natural nails. The health of your natural nails is protected with solar nails.
- Solar nails don’t require you to put your hands in 10 to 15 minutes to get them done. They are air-dry. So here you are saving yourself from exposure to ultraviolet rays.
- Solar nails offer the finest nail finish. As a result, solar nails can be best for celebrations, weddings, birthday ceremonies, or any other special occasion.
- You can easily refill your solar nails. You don’t need to reapply them again. In that scenario, that’s a great advantage of getting solar nails over other acrylic nails.
Some disadvantages of solar nails.
- You are limited to do a variety of nail designs and colors on solar nails.
- Solar nails don’t glance that natural. One can easily detect that they are acrylic nails.
- The process of getting solar nails done requires a lot of time.
- Solar nails or any other acrylic nails emit chemical fumes and that’s bad for the environment.
- And Solar nails are costlier than any other unbranded acrylic nails.
- Applying solar nails can impose sediment.
How to put solar nails.
If you want to put solar nails on your own then it can be a bit hard to manage. You can call your friend or instead, you can visit a nail salon.
The process of putting on solar nails is very simple.
Follow these steps to do it yourself.
Things you will require to put solar nails.
- Solar Nail Powders and Liquid
- Applying Brush
- Fake Plastic Nails
- Nail Drill Machine
- Nail-tip Clipper
- Nail Smile Line Trimmer
Step – 1: Wash your hands and groom your nails. Use a nail drill machine to make the nail plates a bit uneven.
Step – 2: Add those plastic nails on your nail tips in such a way that they don’t incline so upward. Priorities to make them straight. Now set the length by chopping off the fake nails with a nail tip clipper.
Step – 3: This step is all about applying the solar white and pink acrylic powder with the nail brush. You can put them the way you want.
Put the white powder from the tip of your nails to your nail plate. Use the nail smile line trimmer to make a smiley break at your desired length. Now put the pink nail powder with the nail brush to the rest of your nail paint.
Step – 4: Use the nail drill machine to give them your desired edges and shapes and a fine-tune finishing.
Step – 5: Apply a quick dry transparent nail color to make your solar nails look glossy.
How long do solar nails last?
The most frequently asked question about solar nails is how long do solar nails last. In the practical observation, it has been found that the solar nails last for three weeks. In most cases, they last up to four weeks before they need infills.
As your natural nails start to grow over time, you will see your solar nails are parting from the cuticles. In that time, you are good to go to refill them or take off them.
How to take off solar nails.
The best way you can take off your solar nails is by soaking your hands in a bowl containing acetone.
Here you need to soak your hands for a minimum of 15 to 20 minutes to make them exposed to the impact of acetone.
After that period, take a cotton wool ball and wet it by soaking it in acetone also. Rub your nails gently with the wool ball and those of your solar nails will easily come off.
As acetone is bad for nails, you will experience weaker nails after taking off your solar nails by this process. But you don’t need to worry about it. Take care of your natural nails by nourishing them with clear nail paint and moisture them regularly for a few days. You’ll get back your natural shiny strong nails in a few days.
Solar full set nails
Solar nails are consist of
- Fake plastic nail extensions,
- Glue to put plastic nail extensions to your nail tips.
- Powder (pink and/or white) and liquid formula especially for solar nails.
Other accessories that require to finish up the process are
- Nail drill machine
- Nail-tip clipper.
- Nail smile line trimmer
- Nail color for finishing touch.
- Applying brush
Wrapping up: Solar nails.
Solar nails will be the best choice if you wanna try something alternative to gel nails as they don’t harm your natural nails the way gel nails do.
Solar nails are more premium in quality than other acrylic nails out there. Just like Gucci is a premium clothing brand, so are solar nails on acrylic.
But if you want to save some bucks on your manicure, then you can walk away from solar nails. As solar nails are branded items, nail salons will charge you more than they do for normal acrylic nails.
- 7 Tips to Beautify Your Natural Long Nails
- How to Type with Long Nails Effortlessly – Discover Pro Tips
- How to Maintain Long Natural Nails [8 Pro Tips]
Subscribe to our Newsletter!