When it comes to protecting your nails, maintaining healthy cuticles is the most important task. Cuticles not only keep your nails perfect but also provide many adorning advantages, making them appear pretty and longer.
Being a nail art enthusiast I routinely push back my cuticles. In this post, I will share some of my intimate tips on how to push back cuticles properly. Plus, some precautions that you should follow while pushing back the cuticles to achieve a salon-worthy result at home.
Why Push Back Cuticles?
Our cuticles are tiny strip of dead skin that connects the skin at the tip of our fingers to our nails. Most people think it’s just a piece of dead skin, and they don’t even know pushing back cuticles is a healthy practice to ensure better health for their fingernails.
Many of them try unhealthy practices to remove it, such as cutting it or biting it, which is strictly a big no. And many of them have no idea about the reasons why pushing back cuticles is important and how vital that cuticle is in sealing the skin to the nails from where the nails grow out.
Let’s have a quick look at why you should push back your cuticles;
- By pushing your cuticles back, you can maintain the moisture in your cuticles.
- The practice of pushing cuticles back will help to expose the bigger nail surface as a result.
- You can prevent germs from entering the area as the nails grow out by pushing your cuticles back. And have a happy nail timing without any infections.
- The nails look well-kept and perfect when your cuticles are in good shape.
Now that you are aware of the benefits of pushing back cuticles, start taking good care of your cuticles and practicing proper hygiene. Also, during your manicure, tell your manicurist to stop or be gentle if they use a cuticle trimmer.
PS: Your cuticle is your friend; treat them well with love and care and avoid cutting or trimming them.
Tools Required to Push Back Cuticles Safely
To push back your cuticles safely at home, you’ll need a few things first. They include the following:
How to Push Back Cuticles Properly?
If you don’t know how to push back cuticles properly at home and what things can help you achieve perfectly manicured hands, then to create salon-quality groomed, tidy, and clean hands at home, follow the techniques outlined below.
Step – 1: Soak your hands.
Add a few drops of shower gel to a bowl filled about halfway with water. Let your hands soak in this mixture for a few minutes to soften your cuticles, making the process of getting the perfect cuticle easier.
Step – 2: Clean your nails.
To remove any kind of oil or dust, just make sure your nails are tidy and clean, and they have no contamination on the cuticles. After that, neatly wipe off your nails with a lint-free wipe or a dish towel that has been soaked in alcohol.
Step – 3: Shape the nails.
Step – 4: Few drops of cuticle remover.
Apply a few drops of cuticle remover onto your nails and cuticles and wait for them to dissolve the cuticle. Next, massage your nails and cuticle areas. It will help with absorption on cuticles.
Step – 5: Take a cuticle pusher.
Take your cuticle pusher to push the cuticles. Gently push your cuticles back. If it’s your first time, be extra careful. It helps lift your dead cuticles, so it’s easy for us to knit them off later as well.
Step – 6: Remove the dead skin.
After pushing your nails, use the pointed side of the orange wooden stick in a circular motion to remove dead skin. Don’t forget to be gentle while doing it.
Step – 7: Wipe off to clean.
Gently buff the excess dead skin build-up on the nails with the lint-free wipe and clean your nails and cuticles. Afterward, apply the moisturizer to the cuticles and massage until it is fully absorbed. That’s all there you have it!
Post You May Like: Can You Cut Acrylic Nails at Home? If Yes, then How?
Maintain a Healthy Cuticle Routine
Now that you know how to push back cuticles correctly, you must follow these useful tips given below to always keep your cuticles as well as nails in perfect health.
- First and foremost, your body must be well-hydrated if you want to maintain healthy and attractive cuticles. Drink at least 7-8 glasses of water every day.
- Avoid using strong nail care products like acetone-based nail polish removers or drying agents (dishwasher liquid). Make sure you use acetone-free nail polish removers.
- Use cuticle oil or moisturizer and petroleum jelly always to hydrate the cuticles.
- Make sure to lift your cuticle pusher every time you push it. Avoid scratching your nail plate back and forth.
- Always disinfect the tools before using them; you can use isopropyl alcohol to sterilize them. Moreover, sterilizing your tools helps you save in case you cut yourself.
- Make sure your nails have support on your working hand to avoid any harm during the pushing and nipping of your cuticles.
- Use a wooden cuticle pusher. It is because the chance of damaging your cuticles with a wooden cuticle pusher is close to zero.
How to Push Back Cuticles? – FAQs
How to push back cuticles without a cuticle pusher?
If you don’t have a cuticle pusher or any other specific tools, using a toothpick or a match stick will make the task of pushing back your cuticles easy. Apply some oil or lotion to your cuticles after soaking your fingers in warm, soapy water for 5 minutes. Next, gently press your cuticles back with the flat end of a match stick.
How often should you push back your cuticles?
It is best to push back your cuticles when they are overgrown, which can usually be spotted after 7 to 10 days. You should include this nail care routine in your self-care routine.
Does pushing back cuticles help nails grow?
According to the study, nails that have been moisturized grow faster. If you want to promote nail growth, moisturize them well and regularly push back your cuticles. Using cuticle oil and massaging it into the skin can improve blood flow, which can foster the growth of strong nails.
How to push back cuticles properly without bleeding or hurting them is no longer a mystery. Furthermore, you don’t have to spend a lot of money and time at the salon to have flawless nails. You can push back your cuticle in the comfort of your home which will make your nail beds seem longer, giving your nails a more attractive appearance.
The aforementioned steps are not only a quick and easy way to push back cuticles but also inexpensive and can be done at home in a matter of minutes. To achieve salon-perfect manicured hands at home, try pushing your cuticles back regularly to keep them healthy and beautiful.
- 7 Best Cuticle Oils in 2023 – Handpicked for You!
- How to Take Care of Acrylic Nails? – Discover 11 Pro Tips
- How to Shower With Acrylic Nails? Discover Pro Tips
Hey there! I’m Raizy, a makeup, beauty, and manicure enthusiast. My passion for nail art and manicures knows no bounds; it’s something I can’t quite put into words. Every day, my goal is to dive into the world of manicures and nail art, and I’m thrilled to share my thoughts and expertise with all of you.